If you wish to work for a great local company in one of the most lively industries, please take the time to look through the job opportunities listed below.
JOB FAIR (FLAMINGO HOTEL)
Night Club Lounge
Saturday, April 11, 2015
10am to 3pm
- BUSSER * SERVER * BARTENDER
- DISHWASHER * LINE COOK
- BANQUET SERVER * BANQUET HOUSEMEN
- FRONT DESK AGENT
- POOL SECURITY * POOL ATTENDANT
- ROOM ATTENDANT * HOUSEMAN
- LAUNDRY ATTENDANT
- KIDS CAMP COUNSELOR
- SWIM INSTRUCTOR
- PERSONAL TRAINER
The Executive Chef is responsible for coordinating, supervising and directing all aspects of the hotel’s food production, while maintaining profitable F&B operations and high quality products and service levels. He/she is expected to provide training for all staff, meet quality standards, establish and enforce food specifications, portion control, recipes and sanitation. The Executive Chef is also responsible for controlling food and labor costs while maximizing guest satisfaction.
DUTIES & FUNCTIONS
- Keep immediate supervisor fully informed of all problems or matters requiring his/her attention.
- Coordinate and monitor all phases of Loss Prevention in kitchen areas.
- Prepare and submit required reports in a timely manner.
- Monitor quality of all food product and presentation.
- Ensure preparation of required reports, including (but not limited to) Wage Progress, payroll, revenue, employee Schedules, quarterly actions plans.
- Oversee all aspects of the daily operation of the kitchen and food production areas.
- Respond to guest complaints in a timely manner.
- Ensure compliance with SOP’s in all outlets.
- Ensure compliance with requisition procedures.
- Conduct staff performance reviews in accordance with Hotel standards.
- Understand, implement and monitor corporate promotions in outlets, including buffet and three-meal concept standards.
- Know and enforce all local health department sanitation laws.
- Work with the Director of F&B to create and implement menus.
- Design and implement employee cafeteria rotating menu and oversee cafeteria operations.
- Coordinate, supervise and direct the Stewarding Department.
- Compute daily food cost.
- Develop proper training and direction of departmental assistants in compliance with company standards of quality, specifications, portion control, recipes, employee relations, sanitation, etc.
- Understand daily forecasts and customer counts.
- Coordinate all par stock levels.
- Assess food portion size, visual appeal, taste and temperature of items served.
- Direct and train all chefs to ensure adequate operation in all outlets.
- Create menus for prospective clients.
- Review and approve weekly payroll.
- Check food purchases for proper ordering, quality and price structure.
- Oversee daily activities such as preparation for all food items, receiving daily inventories, log-on report and food cost report.
- Communicate to Engineering any physical maintenance problems.
- Assist catering sales on all special menus and price structures.
Education & Experience:
- A 2-year, 3-year or 4-year culinary degree and at least 5 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field.
- Previous supervisor responsibility is required.
- Must have knowledge of F&B preparation techniques, health department rules and regulations, liquor laws and regulations.
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Hotel Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing nametags.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Perform other duties as requested by management
F&B Outlet(s) Manager
The Food & Beverage Outlet Manager will lead staff in providing five-diamond guest service by setting the example of gracious and friendly yet unobtrusive guest interactions.
As a Restaurant Outlet Manager (multi-unit), you would be responsible for directing and organizing the activities and services of a hotel food and beverage outlets (restaurant, lounge, pool, etc.) in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
Manage all outlet operations to include, but not limited to, guest service standards and initiatives, product quality, cost controls and overall profitability, marketing initiatives, systems use and management, budgeting and forecasting, department management, policy and procedure implementation and enforcement and meeting participation and facilitation
Maximizes restaurant department profitability; implements effective controls of food, beverage, and labor costs and monitors the restaurant budget to ensure efficient operations, including achieved budget revenue and labor expenses. Ensures par stock levels are maintained.
Monitor and assess product and service and satisfaction trends, evaluate and address issues and make improvements accordingly
Ensure compliance with health, safety, sanitation and alcohol awareness standards
Initiate and implement marketing and up-selling techniques to promote restaurant food and beverage and services and to maximize overall revenue
Ensure team members have current knowledge of outlet offerings, products, services, facilities, events, pricing and policies and knowledge of the local area and events.
Inventory control working with vendors to control cost and manage marketing opportunities.
Entertainment-Develop relationship with entertainment broker and acts.
Candidates must have five (3-5) years of F&B Management experience with at least two (2) years of hotel/resort outlet oversight experience.
Knowledge of CA liquor laws and regulations, health department regulations and TIPS certification.
Preferred experience with Micros, Web Pay, Web Time.
Preferred experience with outlet re-positioning and renovation.
In-room dining management and poolside bar and dining experience desired.
Any and all other duties assigned.
The Terrace Grille Restaurant is always accepting applications; fax your resume to 707-527-9249 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
We provide a drug-free work environment - pre-employment drug screen is required.