The Flamingo Conference Resort & Spa is committed to assisting professional journalists, editors and producers find the information they need in a timely manner.
Flamingo Resort and Spa is now Certified Green
The Flamingo’s owner and management have embraced ecologically-sound green practices throughout the resort. We believe it is our responsibility as members of the business and tourism community and as individuals, to choose the environmentally-wise choice whenever possible. To learn more click here
Press Releases – Access our recent press releases on new specials, packages, and information on how we are improving the resort by clicking here.
Press Kit – A Backgrounder on the resort, the spa and a Fact sheet are available here. A Chef’s Bio, Executive Staff Biography and backgrounders on the Terrace Grille, the Lounge and the Health Club will be available soon.
Press Visits – The Flamingo Conference Resort & Spa is pleased to host credentialed writers and editors on travel-related assignments at a press rate or complimentary basis, on individual and group press trips depending on individual circumstances. Please contact us to arrange your visit.
Contact the Flamingo for Press Requests
Please contact Dan Brown, Director of Sales and Marketing, or our Public Relations Agency, Laramore Communications, if your work brings you to Santa Rosa:
Flamingo Conference Resort & Spa Director of Sales & Marketing
While this onetime getaway for movie personalities conjured up neither Vegas nor Hollywood to me, it was a classy and comfortable place to stay, and seemed to be as popular with families as it was with business people.
– Jordan Young
- February 18, 2016
The Studios Fundraiser for Sonoma Humane Society
- January 30, 2015
Beer Enthusiasts Sip Suds in Santa Rosa for Beer Week
- December 1, 2014
Sonoma: The ultimate wine and food getaway
- November 10, 2014
Landmark Santa Rosa resort gets major remodel
- LA Times, November 1, 2014
Napa Valley wine country for the budget-wise traveler
- June 17, 2014
Summer Fun at the Flamingo
- Northern California’s First Fast-Sculpting Ballet Barre Workout Debuts at The Studios at Montecito Heights
THE FLAMINGO CONFERENCE RESORT & SPA PRESS KIT
Below in Word Format, for your convenience, are a General Backgrounder on the Resort and a Fact Sheet. In the next few months, we will be adding biographical information on the chef and key staff and backgrounders on the Terrace Grille and Health Club. If you need the information immediately, please contact either Dan Brown at the Flamingo or Nina Laramore of Laramore Communications.
The following downloadable images are a representative sample of images the resort has available. A CD-Rom with additional images is available upon request.
The Flamingo Conference Resort & Spa’s images are for non-commercial travel promotion and/or editorial illustration use only.
Images may be used for
- Illustrations for travel articles about the Flamingo Conference Resort and Spa in newspapers, magazines, Web sites or travel guidebooks
- Illustrations in publications promoting attendance at a meeting or convention taking place at one or more Flamingo Conference Resort & Spa
- Brochures published by tour operators and travel agents selling travel to Sonoma County
- Brochures published by Flamingo Conference Resort & Spa partners
Images my not be used for
- Use in any paid advertising by anyone other than the Flamingo Conference Resort & Spa
- Promotion of business investments, real estate or relocation services, educational institutions, etc
- Illustrations in textbooks or “coffee table” books
To order a CD-Rom of images
Please contact our Laramore Communications at info (at)LaramoreCommunications.com or 707.546.7525
Requests will be sent by mail within 3-7 working days. If your request is urgent, please include your Federal Express, UPS or Airborne Express or other billing number.
In the News
From the revolving pink flamingo being named a Sonoma County historical landmark to the resort being a great place for kids and lodging, restaurant and spas discounts and packages, Santa Rosa’s Flamingo Conference Resort & Spa has been newsworthy copy.
4 Reasons to Visit Santa Rosa in 2017
Stephen A Backpackers Tale – Jan 7, 2017
“The landscape of Sonoma County nothing short of incredible. It is less than an hour away from the famous Pacific Coastal Highway. There are lush green forest, vibrant vineyards, and tall mountains all throughout the county. I knew that Northern California was gorgeous, but I was still completely taken aback by it.”
How to Have a Perfect Girls’ Getaway in Sonoma Wine Country
Dani Heinrich The Globetrotter Girls – July 2017
“This historic spa resort used to be very popular with the Hollywood crowd when it opened its doors in the 1950s, and you can still feel the nostalgia of this once posh and sought after hotel…”
How to Enjoy Sonoma County with Kids and Wine
The Traveling Mom – May 19, 2017
“While much has changed in the county since then, the family-friendly nature of this hotel property remains true to its heritage, and its family-run, independent ownership. We found the service to be friendly and accommodating.”
The Best Sonoma County Wineries and Restaurants
Virgin Atlantic- January 8, 2016
“The Flamingo is now a historic landmark of Santa Rosa, visit the ritzy lounge, relax with a spa treatment, partake in a yoga or cycling class, or swim a few laps in the heated outdoor pool.”
Kid-Friendly Sonoma Wine Country
Trekaroo – January 4, 2016
“The touches of Hollywood glamour are still present on the sprawling manicured grounds; it is now a great headquarters for families looking to savor the Sonoma Wine Country.”
Family Visit To Sonoma County: What To See & Where To Stay
The Daring Gourmet – September 8, 2015
“When you’re visiting Sonoma County with your family you’ll also want a family-friendly place to stay. We enjoy staying at hotels with unique histories. Flamingo Conference Resort & Spa not only fit that bill but came highly recommended.”
Hosting at the Flamingo
The Bay Area Travel Writers Association had one of their monthly meetings at the Flamingo. We hosted them for their meeting and provided rooms at discounted and complimentary rates. They then toured Sonoma County. Here is what they had to say about the experience:
- “I don’t know what I did to deserve it, but I had a suite at the Flamingo! We enjoyed our stay there very much, although after a long day with much food and wine we didn’t try their restaurant that evening. Also didn’t try out the lap pool. Next time.Thank you again for arranging things for us and for BATW. Everybody had a great time. Sonoma has so much to offer – I love going up there.” – Monica C.
- “Thank you for ALL you did in arranging this wondrous weekend for all of us in BATW. Everyone is calling and writing me to rave and thank. As of course you are aware, everything indeed went smoothly and perfectly. Accommodations, presentations, visits, transportation—and on top of it, we got to have a delicious and fun dinnner with you.” – Diane L.
- “Thank you for all that you did to make the BATW event a success. – Warmly.” Wanda H.
- “My thanks to you, Dan Brown, Tony Pace, and the many other Flamingo Conference Resort hosts for my stay as part of the Bay Area Travel Writers visit last weekend. My suite was wonderful and I appreciated the Montecito Heights Health Club pass, Sincerely.” – Donald E.
- “Many thanks for the blockbuster day/weekend. Everyone was mightily impressed—and, now, they know about the fab Flamingo. the gateway to the Sonoma Valley! Very generous breakfast, lunch, beautiful meeting room—thank you so much. Good luck w/everything this year!” – KM
- “I just wanted to add my thanks to whoever else is thanking you for a wonderful Sonoma tour. I loved the Flamingo and I’m trying to find a place to write about it. For sure, I’m bringing my family there. The tours were excellent. I was on the Sonoma Valley tour and what a neat day that was. The magazine I write for (California Tour & Travel) has a wine country writer. I’m passing some of the information along to her. Thank you again for a yoeman’s job coordinating all of that. It came of perfect.” – My best, Sandy S.
- Just a quickie, to say many thanks for all your fine efforts to make Saturday such a memorable day. You even ordered perfect weather for us! I had not been to the Flamingo in years. Wow! What a wonderful place right here in Santa Rosa. The lunch in that fabulous dining room was wonderful. What a great facility it is. I may be able to peddle a piece about Hawke’s Winery and the Flamingo and IF I succeed, of course you will get a copy. Meantime, do thank the many fine folk who did such an outstanding job for the entire day. It was an impressive time. Best of wishes.” – Geets V.
- “It was nice meeting you at the BATW meeting and thanks for the invite overnight at the Flamingo Hotel. I slept comfortably and appreciated the stay.” – Best,Beverly M.